Sunday, March 30, 2014

The End

"The End" Those two words sound all ominous when they're all by themselves. LOL. But this is a GOOD post. An exciting one. Four weeks and five days after my muse started to go CRAZY on a new YA idea, I wrote "The End."

I love this book. I do! It's the most amazing feeling to be so head-over-heals in love with something you wrote. I haven't written a YA since FOUR SUMMERS, which I wrote last year. A year is a long time and I missed it. I edited YA but didn't write any completely new YA books. It's fun and quirky and hopefully funny but also with has to do with a serious topic and something that's close to my heart. It's lighter than my NA books have been, which was a fun change but there is one part that is very emotional. I can't wait to share more about it with you guys. It's in Wendy Higgins' hands right now. She reads as I write so she's finishing up the last 15,000 words. From there I will make some tweaks and her notes and then it's off to another beta reader.

For now I will drink lemonade (not huge on wine), eat a low calorie bar (on a diet and as much as I want, I can't have ice cream), and celebrate before tomorrow when I need to get some serious packing done. I'm a party animal, huh?

Oh, and something else super cool. RUSH is on Netgalley. I'm a ball of emotions on this one. The book is so close to my heart. I'm excited to hear what people think but scared too. I just love those boys with all my heart.

Have a good night!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. That's so fast! I'm kind of jealous. I haven't written anything new in six months. So much editing and revising to do... But if you need another set of eyes over it, you know where I am!

    ReplyDelete